Re: Dog Door Security - Please Help

briansgooglegroupemail@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I have a dog door that medium sized adult can squeeze through.  Well
> the other night a medium sized adult tried to squeeze through it.  I
> woke up before the person was in the house and turned all the lights
> on.  By that time they had already jumped the fence.  In any event,
> this makes me very nervous.
>
> The dog door is in a small laundry room which has a pet immune motion
> detector in it.  The motion detector did not go off because the person
> had not yet stood up.  I don't think they had fully entered the room.
> In any event, what besides a motion detector can I do to secure this?
> Frankly, I am considering boarding it up and living without the dog
> door.  But other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Although I've never seen or installed one, I've seen security dog door
devices advertised at Smarthome dot com. The dog wears a collar with an
access control activator and the door wont open unless it senses the
device in the collar. It may have some down sides, but you'd have to
investigate it to find out if it would work in your case.

I guess worst case . ...... you might wake up one night with some guy
standing over your bed ...... wearing a dog collar.