Re: UV stabilized POTS cable?

Crash Gordon wrote:
> yah probably except there's more goop and insulation in that stuff than
> copper
>
> we got these old geezers that walk around subdivisions picking up scraps...I
> thought it was silly till we picked up after sparky on a job a few weeks
> ago, my guy did anyway...he got 100 bucks for it not stripped, he woulda
> gotten more if he had taken the time to strip it.
>
> now i must rethink my profession...copper picker or alarm dood?
>
> :-)

A number of years ago, I owned an investment two family home that was
built in the 30's. It had all copper gutters and down spouts. One day I
pulled into the yard to collect rent and thought something looked
different about the house but couldn't tell what it was, until one of
the tenants asked me when the men were coming back to replace the old
copper gutters and downspouts they removed the other day. Neither the
police nor I were ever able to find out who did it or how they knew
that the tenants wouldn't know they weren't supposed to be there. The
tenants were rather elderly, so I don't think they were involved. Who
ever did it sure had a pair of balls though. Even stripped the detached
garage.