Re: Local ADT "Authorized Dealer" violating Florida law

Your question lends one to believe you would like to compare apples and
oranges. Compare the true cost of  a cellphone with that of an alarm system
(according to the AG, the law is based on fair market value), a cellphone
does not become "real property", there is no labor (which is a whole other
story) involved with a cellphone, and a cellphone contract doesn't retain
the phone as leased property which many of these secuirty contracts were/are
doing. In that case, what are they giving away for free? Something the
company holds title to? Interesting........Ditto for your next
question.....the satelite dish! They are being investigated along with the
lack of licensing.