Re: Optex VX-402R Question

"Frank Olson" <feolson@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:aCSze.1920231$6l.217130@xxxxxxxxxxx

> <briansgooglegroupemail@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>
>> Supposedly this motion is compatible with an Ademco 5816 transmitter.
>> Does the 5816 fit inside the weatherproof housing of the VX-402R ?  It
>> must since the 5816 itself is not weatherproof.
>

> The board is designed to mount inside the weather-proof housing (which
> tends to make it weather-proof as well, I guess)...  :-))

One thing you should know.  Battery life will be substantially reduced if
the ambient temperatures are consistently low.  You'll also have to limit
the number of times the unit will transmit (leaving the thing to transmit
each and every time the IR trips will mean you're replacing batteries every
week).  I'd suggest powering the thing from a 9 volt power supply and using
a 9 volt ni-cad battery in the actual transmitter.  Altronix makes one that
you can "dial in" from 3v to 24 volts.  Watch your polarity though and
solder any connections in the unit.