Re: Stupid Human tricks

"Frank Olson" <feolson@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:4s0Be.1947866$6l.526819@xxxxxxxxxxx

> "Roberto" <Respond@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>I bought me a Brother HL1440 laser printer. It won't print the address in
>>the proper orientation on any envelope. It insists on printing the address
>>sideways. Mickeysoft told me to edit the registry value. I've done that
>>with every number from 0 - 9 and it doesn't make any difference. I've
>>reconfigured it in the software, downloaded the latest drivers and am
>>convinced I need a new printer. Brother has no tech support and doesn't
>>answer their e-mail. The bad part is, this printer is on mickeysoft's
>>compatible hardware list, so pretty much the list is meaningless. Remember
>>when we had DOS and everything worked, or if it didn't you could tweak it
>>so it would work.
>>
>> Bob
>

> What program are you using to print the envelops from??  What settings are
> you using in the printer dialogue window (you'll usually find that under
> "properties")?  Have you tried configuring "page setup"?

Mickeysoft Office Pro 2000. I've been through all the settings in both
Office and the printer. Mickeysoft tells me this problem exists with a few
printers and there is nothing that can be done about it because the printer
drivers aren't compatible. I can print ok from Publisher, Quicken, Tax Cut,
Peachtree and others. It's only Office that messes up. Also, when I'm in
Office and I choose to print many copies of a document, it'll only print one
at a time. Brother and Lexmark seem to be the ones mentioned most in the
Mickysoft NG's as not being compatible with Office. Windoze 2000 had the
correct driver, worked just fine until I upgraded to Windoze XP. Is it
possible to copy a driver from the Win 2000 CD without installing Win 2000?

Bob