need recommendation

Hi All,

I've got some elderly friends who live on a small farm.  The farm has
about 100 yards on the highway.  There is a large circular driveway
which starts on the extreme edges of the highway frontage.

Lately, these folks have been getting "visitors" who drive in and appear
to scope out the property.  What components or systems can I use to
discourage these visitors?  I was thinking something like components that
would detect a car and light the entire driveway with movie-theatre style
aisle lights.  It would be nice to have expansion capability to add video
in the future.

Any recommendations, thoughts and ideas would be really appreciated.

Ben