Re: back up coverage when alarm not armed?

autonut843 wrote:
> Alarm question - I'm just curious, does anybody do anything like this?
>
> A few months ago some friends of mine had their house burglarized while
> they were at work (no alarm, now they have one).  Basically the thieves
> came in and tossed the place upside down looking for things.
> Now, occasionally, someone forgets to arm the alarm when they leave.
>
> Since some home burglaries involve tossing the house when the occupants
> are away, does anybody recommend/discourage having some things like
> pictures on wall, drawers in dresser, etc. wired in to zones programmed
> as follows...
> 	Set up either on partition 2 (Ademco Vista 20 for example) that is
> almost always armed
> 		Or
> 	Set up as a "24 hour audible alarm" (or 24 silent or 24 auxiliary)  (
> types 7, 6, 8 respectively)
> Obviously if the user always sets their alarm every time they go away,
> this is a moot point.
> But for the ones that occasionally or always forget.  Might this be a
> good idea?
> Have you ever seen it done?
> Would you recommend it?
> Would you discourage it?

I'd say that if they can't remember to arm their alarm system, from day
to day ..... they're not going to remember that they've set panic
alarms to trip  on  various item in the house .........  two or three
years from now. How dumb proof can you make a system ........
especially after they've already been burglarized?

What stronger message can some one get to make them pay attention to
security?