Re: Rogers dropping usenet

Rogers has certainly struck a nerve locally with this one ! Other newsgroups
are full of angry people looking for other alternatives to get their
newsgroups back ! I suspect it's another example of the "bean counters"
controlling things (obviously it's not generated through their Marketing
department unless they are all idiots !!) I wouldn't be surprised if the bad
press causes them to rethink their short sighted decision in this matter.

Personally, I'm not waiting ! Within the next couple of days, I'm converting
to high speed DSL which actually saves me a ton of money since I already
have a dial up service from Sympatico in addition to the Rogers cable
service. And I intend to tell them in no uncertain terms why I'm switching
when I call them later the same day....

RHC

http://www.polesoft.com/refer.html