Re: Napco 1000 panel

R.H.Campbell wrote:
> Does anyone have the programming sheets for a Napco 1000 panel they could e
> mail to me ? Also, any comments about this old bird by anyone familiar with
> it !!
>
> RHC

Really small panel with not much capability, but it just keeps on
ticken.

You can program it in 10 minutes, maybe 15 the first time. Watch out
for the load on the bell output, it's pretty limited, especially the
early panels. No more than one speaker.  I used piezo siren to get past
it.  I've had some of these panels out for almost 10 years now. Did a
hundred or so of them for a builder. Had problems with a few but
nothing that would indicate a common flaw. Some of the newer ones
required a resistor (2.2 K) across the bell output to stop self
contained sirens from putting out a very low buzz.  If you're using a
siren driver and speaker, no problem.

Can't think of anything else.