Re: Looking for UN number a gel cell battery

"Frank Olson" <Use_the_email_links@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit dans le
message de news: OnPmf.84012$ki.3292@xxxxxxxxxxx
> petem wrote:
>> Ok I got in a argument with a road control officer about the fact that
>> bringing back dead battery from our customer to the company site (which
>> is in another city) could be considered as illegal transport of dangerous
>> garbage
>>
>> (in fact he started it cause he could not find anything on the truck or
>> on my case after pulling me out for no reason..)
>> and since he didn't had the UN number of those battery he could not do a
>> thing..
>>
>> now I was wondering if this number can be found somewhere and if any one
>> would know about this?
>>
>> thanks
>

> So...  This "road control officer" was going to nail you for transporting
> a "dead battery".  What about your vehicle's battery?? It's far more
> dangerous than a sealed lead acid unit...  As for the "UN" number...  It
> depends on what they decide to classify the battery as:
>
> http://hazmat.dot.gov/pubs/erg2/en/2000/psn_b.htm

I told the little green man the same thing about my car battery being far
more dangerous then those battery and he told me that when my car battery
will be dead it will be treated as a dangerous item,you know people that
make laws are sometimes pretty incredible...

About the "officer", we have here in Quebec a kind of trucker police,were
they go after trucks and check for proper paper job and proper log book,this
was one of those bozo's that pulled my on the side,after the whole argument
(about half an hour) I asked him if the job was that boring...pulling Alarm
truck for no reason..and asked him he had problem with his alarm system at
home..(I was fishing to see if he needed a "free" job at home),and he told
me that he had an alarm system installed by ADT 2 years ago,and was furious
about them cause it was not working properly...

maybe I was the target of his frustration toward the alarm industry..