Looking for UN number a gel cell battery

Ok I got in a argument with a road control officer about the fact that
bringing back dead battery from our customer to the company site (which is
in another city) could be considered as illegal transport of dangerous
garbage

(in fact he started it cause he could not find anything on the truck or on
my case after pulling me out for no reason..)
and since he didn't had the UN number of those battery he could not do a
thing..

now I was wondering if this number can be found somewhere and if any one
would know about this?

thanks