Re: relocate existing alarm panel.

> You can certainly use the existing can as a J box. Just be sure to document
> it's location at the main panel, and label all wiring clearly at both ends.
> I would punch everything down on a 66 block, assuming solid conductors. This
> makes future troubleshooting a snap.

I was planning on just using standard B-connectors. It's a mix of
solid/strand wires. Don't ask. I didn't install it.

> You may want to get the alarm panel its own enclosure. Not only will it be
> more secure, but that other can will fill up pretty quick with the video and
> network stuff.

Yes, the more I think about it this is the way to go. I think some of
the HA modules might end up in the structured wiring panel like the
ethernet module, etc.

Thanks for the reply.

-jr