Re: Convert CCTV to Digital

"Matt Ion" <soundy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:Wdhqf.165576$Gd6.160875@xxxxxxxxxxx
> anthony.clendenen@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > I am open to any solution.  My main points are to get the image storage
> > up to the office so that if the store gets broken into they don't take
> > the video with them and to get it to a digital signal.  Currently there
> > is only the one BNC cable that is going up to the office so I was
> > hoping to avoid having to run more cable and just use the one cable
> > coming up to the office.
> >
> > Would it be possible to have the cameras connect to some kind of
> > multiplexer that could send the video wirelessly up to the office and
> > then to a DVR card?
>
> The problem is, a multiplexer by definition takes the separate signals
> and provides a combined output, so even wirelessly, the MUX output would
> be the same as with your single cable.

Nope.  A quad does that, but a true multiplexor sends single full frame
images sequentially. Some can do it based on activity.  A single channel DVR
that has settings for different standard multiplexors will record it
properly.  The DSR2000e by Kalatel will work with multiplexors upto 16
channels.  It has some other problems, but...  I don't like that particular
recorder because of other issues.

--
The Security Consultant
Bob La Londe - Owner