Re: Long distance carriers going with VoIP

<robertlbass@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

How many alarmcos use the customer's long distance service?  I sure don't.
When I first started I used the CS's service, and now I contract my own with
a company that markets specificially to those of us who demand a certain
line quality.  Local VOIP may be an issue, but long distance probably is
not.  That being said many LD providers have used digital compression in
various formats for years.  Sprint for instance so over uses their bandwidth
that you can hear the tiny echo in regular voice calls and it causes
problems with CS reporting even with CID format.  In particular it seems to
distort the CS kissoff such that the panel can't recognize it causing the
panel to hang up and report again.
--
Bob La Londe
http://www.YumaBassMan.com