Re: electrifing windows for security

On Fri, 23 Dec 2005 02:14:56 GMT, not_real@xxxxxxx (Beachcomber)
wrote:

>On Fri, 23 Dec 2005 01:36:35 GMT, "Nick Markowitz"
><nick-markowitz@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>After one of the coldest winters up here in Pa and east coast I wonder how
>>many will be staying here year round.
>>They mostly do drywall and landscaping up here very few  live in the area
>>due to the weather.
>>

>If the job were restricted to Americans you might just be surprised
>who would take it.   There are plenty of US Citizens that are
>out-of-work.
>
>Beachcomber

Simple supply and demand.  Remove the cheap, illegal labor from the
market, and employers would be forced to pay Americans more money to
do the same job.  The argument that there are jobs that Americans
wouldn't want to do is just plain stupid when counties in my state are
suffering from 15% unemployment. Sure, employers may have to pay what
the job is truly worth, but the strength of a free market economy is
the middle class and a little wealth redistribution wouldn't hurt
anyone.

Btw, it looks like at least one state is getting serious down South.
SC is trying to make illegal aliens criminal trespassers complete with
5 year prision sentences.