Re: Convert CCTV to Digital

anthony.clendenen@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hello,
> I have a question about converting CCTV to a digital signal.  The
> current setup is four cameras that connect to a multiplexer and then to
> a VCR in the store (downstairs).  It is also connected to two monitors
> that display the four camreas on the same screen, one in the store the
> other in the office upstairs.  I would like to convert this to a
> digital signal and have the images go to a computer hard drive in the
> upstairs office.  Is is possible to take the BNC connection coming to
> the monitor in the office upstairs and connect it to a DVR card and
> record all foru camera outputs from the single cable?  If not what
> would be the options.

It is possible, but what you record will be the same as you see on the
monitor - four cameras in a quad layout.  You'll have 1/4 the resolution
and no way to view each camera separately.  You'd be better to simply
ditch the VCR and daisy-chain the MUX outputs into a 4-channel DVR... or
even do away with the MUX altogether and use a DVR that can provide the
split-screen output.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0551-2, 12/20/2005
Tested on: 12/21/2005 10:13:09 AM