Re: FBII XL-2 question

Charles Schuler wrote:
> The keypad arms the system (by entering the user code ... the arm light
> comes on) but no alarm sounds when the house is entered.  The strange thing
> is that "instant + stay + user code" works as expected..  This system was in
> the house when I moved here and no documentation is available.  The keypads
> are XL4600SMs.
>
> Thanks in advance!

Did you wait for the exit delay to expire??  It's usually sixty seconds
(but could be anything between 30 and 120 seconds).  If you arm the
system using "instant + stay + user code" there is no exit delay as the
system assumes no one's going to be leaving.  Also, check to make sure
that any motion sensor you have is working by opening and closing the
exit door after you arm the system with just the code.  The reason for
this is that if the zone is set up as a "stay/away/follower" it will
automatically bypass unless the exit door is cycled open then closed.
Good luck!!