Re: need unbiased advice about lynx system

J. Sloud wrote:

> On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 16:19:41 GMT, "Stanley Barthfarkle"
> <sbarth@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

>>Buy a control panel and keypad(s), and replace it yourself for about $100-
>>program it to call your cell phone as a pager number. Or pay someone else
>>$200 to $300 to replace it for you, or pay a local dealer $200-300 plus
>>$15-20 per month for monitoring, or pay a nat'l co $100 + $30/mo for 2-5
>>yrs.
>>
>>BTW- since ADT almost certainly still owns the equipment, give them a
>>certified letter stating that they have 14 days to come remove their
>>equipment...if they don't, (they probably won't) it belongs to you.
>

> Try that with the car your leasing...

But if I signed the lease on the car I wouldn't expect to get out of it
in that manner.

Wouldn't the difference be that he didn't sign any lease with ADT?  He
bought a house that had the equipment in it and said equipment was
likely represented as part of the purchase.
Why couldn't he say come and get it or its mine?

Actually I am really asking 'cause I don't know what the legal
parameters might be.