Re: need unbiased advice about lynx system

> Wouldn't the difference be that he didn't sign any lease with ADT?

Correct.

> He bought a house that had the equipment in it and
> said equipment was likely represented as part of the
> purchase.

How it was represented to him by the previous owner isn't the
issue.  It's a matter of property rights.

> Why couldn't he say come and get it or its mine?

He can and should.  He has no obligation to whoever installed the
system beyond that.  If they fail to pick it up within a
reasonable period (what is "reasonable" varies from place to
place) the equipment becomes abandoned property and he now owns
it.

> Actually I am really asking 'cause I don't know what
> the legal parameters might be.

It depends on your state laws but you've got the right idea.

>> Depending on the laws in your state, leased equipment may or may not
>> become "abandoned" after a certain amount of time.  Don't assume
>> anything.

Actually, any chattel property -- leased or otherwise -- which
the owner fails to retrieve within a reasonable period after
having been notified becomes abandoned.  BTW, I'm only speaking
of US property.  Obviously, this doesn't apply to the customer
who leased the system in the first place.

Regards,
Robert L Bass
www.BassBurglarAlarms.com

--