Re: Dodge Reports?

On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 22:24:27 -0600, "James" <trishnjames@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> what are you guys using for your leads?  is dodge reports any good? or is
>there a better one somewhere?
>
>Thanks, James

Depends on your marketing plan.  What are you trying to pursue?  The
new construction market presents some challenges not found elsewhere.
However, we still get most of our new construction business through
our relationships we've built with Electrical and General contractors.
I've used all sorts of new construction tracking services.  Dodge
reports rank near the bottom.  McGraw Hill, who publishes Dodge, has
some better services that can be managed online giving you the ability
to tag and track projects from planning, through bidding, and
construction.  Some of the services also include plans and specs
online, so you have access to everything you need.  All contractors
associated with the projects are shown along with their contact
numbers.  AGC operates a similar service.

There are also local publications that report permits and new
construction starts.  If you plan to target anything other than
commercial fire, these type services may be good enough for your
needs.  Pay to play services such as Sales Genie may also be worth
checking out, although you can get much of the same info from your
local public library using Reference USA.

J.