Re: Alarm Keypad

"Scott" <ebayboi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1124519175.022990.198060@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Hey Group.
>

> I have scored a "ademco alpha 6139ADT console" keypad. I want to hook
> it up in my front room to operate as a "scare keypad" is there anyway
> to set the keypad itself ( independant to any controller" to operate as
> a demo keypad by simply connecting it to a 12v power source. SO the
> keypad will light up, and the keys will beep when pressed?
>
> Otherwise.. without connecting it to a system, whats another way to
> make it do this, as described

Never tried that.  I'd suggest the keypad buttons won't respond after a few
presses because it's not hooked up to a control, but all the pretty lights
should work (except "ready", "armed") and the display will be blank or read
"D1", "Com Error", or some other trouble message...  Of course, if the
keypad's *stolen*, then it'll read:  "This keypad has been stolen.  Please
contact the local authorities and have the user arrested immediately".  :-))