Re: VCR Record on off

"John Kent" <moonshadow@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1l4Oe.148$s4.52@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> May seem like a stupid question but I want to use a VCR as a DVR for CCTV
> camera's.  Is there anyway of switching the record on and off via existing
> connections ... ie SCART etc ? Cheers ... jk

I think Optex has an IR interface capable of being programmed to act as a
remote for most consumer VCRs.  Most surveillance VCRs have trigger inputs
built in for hardwaired switching.

There are also some video motion sensing devices out there, but I would
stick with a more reliable external such as a door contact ona  covered door
or an IR/Microwave motion sensor.

--
Bob La Londe

Win a Tackle Pack
Jig Fishing - Tips and Techniques Contest
Courtesy of Siebler Custom Baits
http://www.YumaBassMan.com