Re: avoiding being "locked out"

The main reason for locking the panel is to protect proprietary monitoring
information and protect the owner from having programming changed (possibily
by a moonlighter that doesn't know enough abt the system), all my panels are
locked. If a client wants to change monitoring co's all they have to do is
call for it to be unlocked and I remove our proprietary info.

Unfortunately, some less than ethical companies may use this feature to hold
their clients hostage.

hmmm.... I have to admit that it may be useful if the client hasn't paid for
monitoring in 9 months.