Re: Adding a third keypad to a Caddx NX-8, wiring help requested!

>> I guess they are also lying when they say this.
>> "Twisted wire reduces the amound of interference...."
>>

> Twisted mean twisted pair or wire like in a cat5 cable
> each pair of wire is twisted together..
>
> this is not stranded wire..by the way,stranded wire is
> more flexible then solid wire and that's the only
> difference..

Petem,

Please stop posting all this factual stuff.  You're confusing the
idiots.

> on a same gauge of wire stranded or not there is no
> difference in how the current/voltage of the signal in
> it will react..up to a certain frequency...
>
> but the frequency where the difference start to be a
> problem is in the high uhf band...

Correct, and that is way beyond anything these bozos work with.

> I know about this cause I work a lot with transmission
> line in my hobby(ham radio)

Cool.  BTW, I used to protect a house on Hartford Rd in
Newington, CT.  As a ham operator, I'm sure you know what's
located in a small brick structure on that street.  Paul would be
surprised to know that we successfully used several RF sensors in
that installation with no problems coming from the ARRL tower.

> of course you have to be careful about the uses of twisted
> pair wiring..cause its been known to engineer that build
> control panel that simple JKT induce capacitance so they
> build there circuit to compensate it..(adding inductance
> to it)

Quite right.  Some manufacturers actually specify NOT to use TP
cable.

Regards,
Robert L Bass
www.BassBurglarAlarms.com