Roll-your-Own

Gee whiz... I've GOOGLE'd Hi and I've GOOGLE'd low...

Is there a hobbyist/experimenter community that I can get in touch with
so I can leverage my embedded PowerPC board to controlling all those
hardwire and wireless contacts?

I've bought a house and got a Vista 15P in which I can't seem to find
its master/installer code.  Protection One was the provider.

I'm tempting to rip it apart and find out what makes it tick so that I
can do the following:

   1.  Leverage my home's existing hardwire and wireless infrastructure
   2.  Provide a secured Web page
   3.  Leverage my own GSM transceiver to contact my
blackberry/handheld/phone (very locally)
   4.  Overload it with home automaton

The key is which Alarm provider is accomodating to this bleeding edge
approach?  I do want a monitoring station as well.

Capt. Kirk