Please Help: I'm stranded

Hello all,

I recently lost the keys to my car along with my car alarm remote. I
purchased my '92 Celica from a used card dealer and it already had an
alarm on it, installed by the previous owner and not the manufacturer.
It is a Pursuit alarm.

Since I've lost my alarm remote, I cannot turn my car on without
setting off the alarm. How can I permanantly deactivate the alarm
without having the remote to do it?

I've not found a valet switch yet, but if I do find it, will I have to
turn off the alarm to use it anyway? Any help would be very very
apreciated since I'm stuck without a car now.

Oh, and when my dad and I tried cutting the wires to the alarm about a
year ago to deactivate it, it killed the car and it wouldn't start
until we reconnected the wires.

Thank you!

Scott