Re: CCTV Cameras

J. Sloud wrote:
> On 26 Aug 2005 13:38:58 -0700, "Socrates" <londonlinks@xxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
> >A cctv camera will never provide good quality because the resolution,
> >sensor chip and lens quality are nowhere near as good as a digital
> >stills camera.
> >
> >So connect a digital stills camera to your laptop or pc and you will
> >obtain wonderful clear images of the camera scene for cctv purposes.
> >
> >See sample images on the website below. They are the clearest cctv
> >images in the world.
> >
> >www.londoncctv.com
>

> Take your crap somewhere else.  There are so many inaccuracies on your garbage website that I don't know where to start.  Suffice to say, I've been involved in the design of many high-end video systems for customer with nearly unlimited resources.  These people would laugh at your ideas.

Let's see who is talking crap. Post just ONE image produced by "one of
your many" high-end video cameras so it can be compared with the CCTV
images on www.londoncctv.com.

I think your customers will throw their CCTV cameras into the nearest
garbage bin when they see the quality that an ordinary digital stills
camera can produce when it is connected to a laptop or pc.

So the proof is in the pudding...either put up just ONE quality image
taken with your "mega pixel" cameras, or shut up.

Mega pixel video cameras mean nothing if your shutter speed is stuck at
1/50th of a second, as most CCTV cameras are. That is one reason why
you get such bad quality when using video cameras -they can't capture
people in movement. You just end up with a blur, or pixelation, and
that is even before the video is compressed to the hard drive for
storage.

www.londoncctv.com