Re: An absurd situation

On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 16:07:14 -0400, "R.H.Campbell"
<rh.campbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>I really thought I'd heard it all until this afternoon.
>
>Got a call from a woman moving into a home with an alarm I had installed
>some years ago, and that had been non monitored for a couple of years. We
>made an appointment for tomorrow morning to hook it up to the CS, and when I
>arrived home, my wife said the woman had called to cancel the appointment.
>So curious as to why, I called the lady and found that she had made an
>appointment with a large company who promised to send out a French speaking
>salesman.

I was reading in our company rag that we have two monitoring centers
in Canada: One geared to the French speaking population and one to the
English.  I now understand why.  Seems silly to me, but we'd have no
market penetration in South Florida without a spanish speaking staff.