Re: What smokes should I use? Not sentrol, right?

<johnfofawn@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Frank,
>
> Thanks for your help. I checked the Sentrol website and the 521-BXT is
> compatible with my Napco GEM-P9600 panel. I like that they both support
> CleanMe.
>
> As long as there are no issues with the recall, I'll buy the 521-BXT.
> Where's the cheapest place to buy one? What do you think about EBay for
> this?
>
> Thanks,
> John

Lot's of online sources for this.  I'd suggest "hunting" around your local
area for a dealer willing to sell you just the product (or offer
installation at a reasonable price as well).  The problem with buying
anything online is that if you have problems with it later, you have to pay
the shipping back to the store.  I recall purchasing a monitor once years
ago.  It was an "Orchestra" (now KDS) Tuba II.  The plant in Korea *knew*
there was an issue with the power supply (the rectifiers were undersized),
yet shipped them anyway.  It cost me 55 bux to send it back to the
distributor in Toronto where they installed the right part (probably cost
them less than 5 bux).  It was the last time I will *ever* buy anything made
by KDS.  The wholesalers we deal with here all honour warranties locally.
Find a local dealer that will provide the same service is my best advice.