Re: CADDX NX-8

As the others mentioned the 2 amps is for running other parts of the
system. You can program everything either through the keypad or with a
modem. The RS-232 cable is mostly for connecting it to a home
automation system but with some tweaking it will allow programming.
It's just not the primary use. Installers would normally use another
box the NX586E. Its less hassle than that cable and works on the non-E
panels.