Re: Natural Gas Detector For Home ?

"Robert11" <rgsrose@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:WrOdnbW7g6CjatPfRVn-1A@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Hello:  Is there a natural gas detector, similar to all the smoke alarms
> that one sees, that
> would warn of a natural gas leak in a home ?

Yes. Do a search for "natural gas detectors".

> House has the normal plumbed in natural gas, which we use for cooking,
> heating, and the clothes dryer.

It would be wise to have a detector in every room that uses natural gas.

> Stuff always scares me, a bit.
> Couldn't find any at Home Depot.
>
> BTW:  assuming there is one available, would it be mounted high or low ?

In most cases, low. In a bedroom, for instance, it would be mounted on a
wall below the height of your pillow but at least 1 foot from the floor.
It's heavier than air, so you want some warning before it overcomes you.
Some are like those little plug-in deodorizers; you just plug em in and walk
away.