Re: Security Certification

"Yongil" <disid386@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:d4ppr1$b7e$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> I would like to know the value of security realted certifications; CPP,
PSP,
> PIS of ASIS.
>
> How about the certtification?
> Any reply would be appreciated.

What field are you presently in and what areas are you looking to explore? I
have just completed a 12 week prep course for the CPP certification and have
been accepted by ASIS to take the exam. To be accepted there is a lengthly
questionaire and they do a back ground and reference check before they will
issue you an authorization number to sit for the exam. I have 26 years in
the electronic security and fire alarm industry and that experience is a
small percentage of what the content of the test covers. A large part of my
career has been in upper and executive management so that has exposed me to
some, but only some, of the other areas that the test and certification
covers. Alot of studying is necessary in areas I have little to no
experience in. The other people that were  in the class are from many
different areas of the industry besides alarms, ie: guard companies, police,
security directors, manufactures, distributors, and even government (DEA).
Interesting group. The whole curriculum for the test changes in July of this
year with new study material and test. You will need to wait until then if
you are thinking of going for it. I don't know if you can get through the
process prior to the change so don't waste your money on old material. I
believe experience is absolutely necessary, but is questionable without the
credentials and visa versa. They support each other to make a whole. Let me
know if you want more on the cirriculum.

Bob4Secur