Re: CO2 detector question

> First I am new and would like to introduce myself.
> My name is Steve Schilling and I live in New Jersey.
> I am not an alarm professional so please forgive any
> naive questions that may pop out of my mouth. Also
> interested in knowing if there is anyone on this
> board that is a Traveling Man?

I've been to Brazil twice with my wife this year.  Does that count?  :^)

We're going back in July and October for about a month each if we can get
the VoIP phone system working correctly down there.  That will enable me to
continue giving toll free tech support while I'm out of the country.

> I would like to give a special hello to Robert Bass,
> from whom I have bought my hardware from and
> has endured many phone calls and questions from
> me and has been extremely helpful and cordial,
> thanks Robert.

Hi Steve.  Thanks for the kind words.

> Now to the question:
> I have a Napco 9600 panel and I want to install
> a CO2 detector, I would like to install it in a utility
> room where there is a gas fired boiler and dryer:
> 1. How do I wire and set the zone?

For clarity's sake, it's actually a CO detector.  Wire the NO and C alarm
relay terminals of the CO detector to any zone on the panel.  Connect the
+12VDC terminal to the Fire + output terminal of the P9600.  Wire the -12VDC
terminal of the detector to the panel's common negative.  This will allow
you to reset the detector by pressing the RESET button on the keypad.

> 2. What is the best make and model for my
> hardware and purpose?

That's often a debated issue, Steve.  Some folks here like the GE product
which is less expensive.  They've had a recall though none at present AFAIK.
I've used Macurco gas detectors on my own installations.  I sell both of
these brands as well as the COStar 12SIR, another popular model.  Here's a
link to my CO detector page.
http://www.bassburglaralarms.com/subcategory_256.htm

Hope that helps.

--