Re: NextAlarm and Amcest

Robert L. Bass wrote:
> [I wrote} ...
>>
>> ... I received mail indicating my [NextAlarm] contract had been
>> transferred to Amcest [and] my curiosity has been aroused. Both
>> Amcest and I are in New Jersey, and this may be a factor in the
>> change.
>
> Location isn't the issue ...
>>
>> I wonder if anyone here can shed some light on this ...
>
> ... The old saying that you get what you pay for does not
> necessarily apply with alarm monitoring ... .  As to Amcest ... I
> only know that they advertise really low prices to alarm dealers. ...
> Amcest has at least this much to their credit.  They're among the
> oldest monitoring centers so you are not dealing with a
> fly-by-night firm.  They have survived two recessions *and* two
> Bush administrations so they are not likely to fold any time soon. Give
> them a try for a while and if they respond promptly and
> efficiently to your needs you're all set.  If not, make sure you
> know when and how to notify the dealer of your intent to cancel.

Thanks for the prompt reply, Robert.  I just got off the phone with Fred
Rosenfeld of Amcest and he clarified things for me.  It turns out that there
_was_ a licensing issue with NextAlarm in NJ, and Amcest, who has had a
business relationship with someone named Alex at NextAlarm for some time,
now has day-to-day responsibility for my account.  The changeover was
seamless.  I have not had to make any programming changes and my qualms have
subsided.

Thanks again for your reply.  Please give my regards to young Julian, and
while you're at it, see if he wants his goddam Canada Geese back.

--
Good luck and good sailing.
s/v Kerry Deare of Barnegat