CCTV Software

Hi All,

OK, it seems to me that with network camera prices being relatively
cheap, installing CCTv into a home is now not as cost prohibitive as
it may have been in the past, so potentially this opens up this market
a whole lot more.

However, the software available that I can find seems a bit of a let
down in this respect. Most software at a price suitable for home use -
that I could find - did not have any support for recording on motion
detection (I looked for PC based software as more home sare likely to
have a pc running windows than a mac or linux box).

The best I could find with that kind of functionality was for a 16
camera system (most homes will only want 1 or 2 cameras) and cost well
over 300 UK Pounds! I mean you can get a half decentcamera for half
that!

So, does anyone know of a reasonably priced piece of software, windows
based, that will monitor 1 or 2 IP Network cameras and record on
motion detection? 100UK Pounds or less would be sensible I think,
otherwise it wont suit the market.

What are users in the home market supposed to do? watch their CCTV
cameras all day just in case, then press thr record buton when
something happens? Or buy terrabytes of storage and continiously
record?

Cheers,