Re: Caddx NX8E Aux Outputs

Those are relay contacts on the 8E. You should have a short on Aux1 C
and NC in the normal state and open when activated. This is dry
contacts or no voltage. If you want panel voltage (wet) contacts put
the jumper on J12 then both C and NC will have voltage unless activated
when NC will no longer have voltage. The relay can switch 1 amp at 24
VDC or .5 amps at 120 VAC. (its printed on the side of the relay)

C is not panel COM if you are assuming that. It is only the common pin
of the relay.

The current limit is for the 4 transistor outputs available on the J9
set of pins.

CatMan wrote:
> I have been trying to program my Aux 1 output to follow the panel's
> Armed state. I using the DL900 software I have Aux 1 set to type 21
and
> the timer set to 0. According to the docs this should cause the Aux 1

> output to follow the Armed state fo the panel. Of course this doesn't
work.

> I also tried the latched and not latched settings and received the
same
> results with both. Now, on my panel there is a screw terminal strip
> where the power, bell, wireless, keypad, and internal wired zones
> connect to.
>
> On the bottom of the terminal strip are five screws labeled:
>
> Aux 2 C
>
> Aux 2 NO
>
> Common
>
> Aux 1 NO
>
> Aux 1 C
>

> I have 12VDC on all of them referenced to the Common except for the
Aux
> 1 NO. It is 0 Volts regardless of the panel's armed state or of the

> 'Latched' selection in the configuration.
>
> Maybe someone will chime in here that knows how to configure these
Aux