Re: Fire Side Chat -- Fire Alarm Code Issue

> "Nick Markowitz" <nick-markowitz@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>I talked to Al about that piece and he is doing additonal research and
>>will
>> have additional comments covering the issue for clarification.
>
> I sent Al an e-mail expressing my concerns regarding use of the non-listed
> device at the same time as I opened this discussion.  We'll to see his
> comments in SSI.  Since he and I have disagreed on politics (though not on
> trade practices) I'll be interested to see to whom he gives credit for the
> correction.  :^)
>
> All kidding aside, Al's a good guy.  I enjoy his articles.  He knows a lot
> but he's not infallible and this was a mistake on his part.

There is no "correction" required, Robert (other than you now have to remove
the other foot from your mouth).  Al's only mistake (in my opinion at least)
was advocating this method as a means of saving the client money.  I don't
think life safety should ever be compromised with what I can only term a
"band-aid" solution.