Attic Smoke Detectors Question

Hello:

Am wondering about putting some kind of detector in the Attic.

I read that smokes are the recommended type, and certainly not Heat types
due to the
attic getting quite hot in the summer, of course,

So, may I please ask:

a.  Attic's are by nature a bit dusty.

     How "likely" is it for them to trigger on the dust, and give a false
alarm ?

b.   Relative to item (a) above, what would be best for the attic:
photoelectric or ionization ?

     Or, just go with the dual type I am now using throughout the house, the
Kidde PI 2000 ?

Thanks again to all for all the great help.
Sure do appreciate it.

Bob