Re: Here's one for the books

I called Ademco Technical Friday with some help on a Vista 20P on a
takeover.  Technicial ridiculed me for using the downloader to program a
Vista 20P.  Thought that was a "baby" panel and was too easy to program by
hand to even justify connecting compass.  When I challenged the fact that I
was showing a 5881M receiver in "globals" it would not allow me to program
10 wireless zones.  Hardwire was already doubled to 16 zones.  Told me to
change the receiver in software to 5881H...which did work, and that the
receiver type was not communicated to the panel and only controlled what the
software would accept.

The panel was disarmed.  The log showed being armed the night before, but no
disarming.  The tech said the log wasn't reliable and I shouldn't use it to
see when the system was turned on or off?  He did nothing to build
confidence for his product or company.  He was told up front that I
generally used Napco and did nothing to try and show me his product was
good.

Another reason I install Napco!
Allan