Re: Wired or Wireless alarm systems?

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 12:23:15 -0500, "Mel" <Respond@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>My wireless doorbell and wireless garage door opener have worked flawlessly
>for many years. They respond only when the button is pressed and have never
>failed to respond.

Strange, you never have to move a little or push twice+ ?

> Up on the mountain here, there are four
>radio/TV/communications/cell phone towers within 1/4 mile of my home. I'd
>guess there is a fair amount of RF and yet never a mishap of any sort.

I think that you don't know what you talk about, the transmitter
frequencies are dislike.
A little study on radio techniques will help.

> I'm
>currently installing a hybrid hard-wired and wireless system and I fully
>believe it will work as just well as the doorbell and garage door opener.
>Bob

Hope you are right.

Just for the sake:
TEST with a small transmitter the reliability of your wireless alarm
system if:
- You like to confirm that a transmitter can muzzle the receiver
  and fail your entire detection system?
- You like to find-out if your system is really equipped with some
  kind of RFI detection circuit (like some pretend) and how long
  it takes to warn you (intruder <-versus-> warning delay)?

Well, purchase for a few boxes an authority certified RF transmitter
"operating on" your wireless alarm frequency

For all frequency types of wireless alarm systems:
www.mipot.com
http://www.aurel.it/
www.rfsolutions.co.uk
and others used/published in Electronic Magazines...

Paul