Re: Automating TV from my PC using IR

emoreno wrote:
> I would like to automate my TV , DVD player, etc, But since none of
> them have an interface to communicate with my PC, I think that I
> should attempt to send IR commands to each device from my PC. However
> I have no idea how to do it and have no Idea where to learn.
>
> I have a SMK IR Receiver included with my MCE and I think that I can
> use it to replay IR commands but I can?t find any documentation of how
> to use it from my c# app.
>
> Can anyone give me some guidance of where and how to start?

The IR "receiver" may well be a "transceiver", and capable of talking to the
devices. You may need software to do so for devices like DVDs. The MCE software
should control a digital tuner, and probably the PC DVD drive. You could look
into programs like Girder or Hip to control other devices. The alternative is to
make your PC be all the devices. I use mine (with BeyondTV) to record TV, to
play TV, DVDs or music. I haven't used my DVD player for months. The PC feeds
the video to the TV, audio to the receiver.

Google homemade DVR or PVR or programs like BeyondTV, MythTV, etc also.