Re: Garage Door Opener keypad recommendations

My spring broke and the opener (1/2 HP) lifted it just fine. They are not
designed for this load everyday, for sure.

This was a garbage board / solid wood type door but only single size = 7 x
8'. The opener was a Genie screw mechanism type. Any 1/2 HP motor should be
able to lift 400 lb. of door over a 8-10 second period and the weight is
only when the door is fully closed. When it is half way up half the load is
horizontal and not loading the motor.

I got my car in that night and out the next day until the spring boy came to
fix it again.

"Christopher Glaeser" <cdg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message Power or no
power, if the spring breaks, you can't open my garage doors
without the aid of some type of jack.  There are handles on the inside, but
from the outside, even two people can't open my doors.

Best,
Christopher