Re: XPS-3 Strangeness

The X10 Pro line does not generate a signal under any condition - they
are receive only devices. Higher end switches from Leviton and Smarthome
can generate signals when manually operated. The noise could very well
be coming from the flourescent light itself but that should not generate
false on and off commands. It may be worth trying another switch to see
if the one you have is defective.