Re: XPS-3 Strangeness

What kind of lamp are you controlling?
It's not a common problem and is usually caused by noise.
You could try another House Code but it probably won't make a
difference.
The companion switch shoudn't make a difference.
It's probably not defective.
Yes, you should verify your wiring as a first step but if it works it's
probably OK.
Again, noise is the most likely culprit.