Re: Please respond - Wind Powered Generators. I will be reading for responses in this newsgroup.

a wrote:
> I noticed that the water in small streams can stop totally for days or weeks
> on end if there is no rain.

You're obviously not living in a rain forest...

> I also saw that the wind blows in the morning
> and in the evening, at night, and sometimes in the day, albeit maybe a
> slight breeze, but occasionally some breeze.

Then you're not living anywhere near a large body of water...

> Therefore, (and as I stated
> earlier, I could be wrong) it would seem reasonable to catch this slight
> breeze.

With what??

> My heating and electric bills are far greater than I desire, and
> using 20watt bulbs in the house has given me eye strain while the energy
> bills still come in.

You're obviously not using CFL's.

> I have found the greatest resistance to my idea is the technology of flat
> plate (which includes slightly curved for structural strength) vs. the idea
> of airfoils. I would now like to know:
>
> "What is the actual vector physics of a steady state stream of air against a
> flat plate when the flat plate is at a 45 degree angle to the air flow?"

On a day when the wind is barely blowing I don't think there's a whole
lot of difference which technology you settle on.  I don't think wind
driven generators are going to work with any great reliability every
where you put them.  I imagine a combination of solar, and wind
generated power will provide the best solution...  Until someone comes
up with a "cold fusion" reactor that is...  :-)