Re: Incandescent light ban / Z wave buying decision

313. Sound opinions of the people.--Civil wars are the greatest of evils.
They are inevitable, if we wish to reward desert; for all will say they are
deserving. The evil we have to fear from a fool who succeeds by right of
birth, is neither so great nor so sure.

314. God has created all for Himself. He has bestowed upon Himself the power
of pain and pleasure.

You can apply it to God, or to yourself. If to God, the Gospel is the rule.
If to yourself, you will take the place of God. As God is surrounded by
persons full of charity, who ask of Him the blessings of charity that are in
His power, so... recognise, then, and learn that you are only a king of
lust, and take the ways of lust.

315. The reason of effects.--It is wonderful that men would not have me
honour a man clothed in brocade and followed by seven or eight lackeys! Why!
He will have me thrashed, if I do not salute him. This custom is a farce. It
is the same with a horse in fine trappings in comparison with another!
Montaigne is a fool not to see what difference there is, to wonder at our
finding any, and to ask the reason. "Indeed," says he, "how comes it,"
etc....

316. Sound opinions of the people.--To be spruce is not altogether foolish,
for it proves that a great number of people work for one. It shows by one's
hair, that one has a valet