Re: Incandescent light ban / Z wave buying decision

I suggest you ask your question in comp.home.automation. There's been a
lively discussion there on the merits of CFLs and one of the most strident
proponents of them is also a dealer selling Z-Wave.

The article is inaccurate in that incandescent bulbs are not banned outright
(not even in Australia, I'm not sure about Canada.) but are required to meet
the increased efficiency standards by the dates indicated. GE had earlier
announced that they will have high efficiency incandescents available to
meet the new limits.

There were more in depth articles in both US News & World Report and the New
York Times.

http://www.usnews.com/articles/business/economy/2007/12/19/faq-the-end-of-the-light-bulb-as-we-know-it.html?PageNr=2
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/22/business/22light.html?ref=us

http://davehouston.net  http://davehouston.org