Re: X10 Problems

My wireless MS13A unit's batteries typically last almost two years or
more.

I have about 15 of these units. Some are really flakey and some are
fairly consistent. The nasty part of the whole thing is the wireless
plug-in receievers. They broadcast "all lights on" code every month or
so. I have four of these units so I know it isn't just one flakey
unit. I come home with all the lights on from time to time under each
house code in usage.

On a few occasions I have founbd the system locks up also. This is due
to the wireless receievers flooding the powerlines with noise.
Unplugging them and back in again resets the units and away they go
just fine for another few months.

I thought I could economize on electrcial energy usage but have found
with so many unit left on all night from time to time, I doubt the
economy is happenning. I have many macros to turn everything off about
3 times per day as the system cannot be trusted. The outside motion
detectors PR-511 frequently get turned on and will not turn off
without sending an X10 code from another unit.