Re: How to turn on a computer remotely using X10 type devices

It all depends if you computer starts when power at the plug is applied, if
it does,  this shouldn't be a big deal.

A X10 appliance module will disconnect power to the computer when switched
off by the remote, but you will need to do a proper "Windows" shutdown
first.

Could forcing a "Stand-by" or "Hybernate" from the keyboard be an
alternative(?).