Re: New Installation = Insteon

I have done several houses in UPB and it is the way to go. It is actually
X-10 version 2.0 and it is just great. FOR ME, it has been 100% bulletproof.
I have had a few issues with things that didn't work when they were
installed but they were covered under warranty and all was good. All the
modules have been easy to wire in and since I use it for handicapped and
disabled people who REALLY depend on it, I would know if it failed for some
reason. There is probably nothing wrong with Insteon per se. I just needed
whole house solutions and Insteon was not there. I needed thermostats, IR
sending devices, switches, plugs, appliance modules, etc. and Insteon didn't
offer a full range of products, while UPB did. X-10 is just too hit and miss
and Z-Wave will probably be good, but there is very little hardware for it
now.

If you want to know more about UPB, let me know aned I will turn you on to
some sources.

Tim
tcconde@xxxxxxxxxxxxx